Alon USA Partners, LP
|12 Months Ended|
Dec. 31, 2016
|Noncontrolling Interest [Abstract]|
|Noncontrolling Interest Disclosure||
Alon USA Partners, LP
The Partnership (NYSE: ALDW) is a publicly-traded limited partnership that owns the assets and conducts the operations of the Big Spring refinery and the associated integrated wholesale marketing operations. The limited partner interests of the Partnership are represented as common units outstanding. As of December 31, 2016, the 11,520,220 common units held by the public represent 18.4% of the Partnership’s common units outstanding. We own the remaining 81.6% of the Partnership’s common units and Alon USA Partners GP, LLC (the “General Partner”), our wholly-owned subsidiary, owns 100% of the general partner interest in the Partnership, which is a non-economic interest.
The limited partner interests in the Partnership not owned by us are reflected in the consolidated statements of operations in net income attributable to non-controlling interest and in our consolidated balance sheets in non-controlling interest in subsidiaries. The Partnership is consolidated within the refining and marketing segment.
We have agreements with the Partnership, under which the Partnership has agreed to reimburse us for certain administrative and operational services provided by us and our subsidiaries to the Partnership, provide certain indemnification obligations and other matters and establish terms for the supply of products by the Partnership to us.
The Partnership has adopted a policy pursuant to which it will distribute all of the available cash generated each quarter, as defined in the partnership agreement, subject to the approval of the board of directors of the General Partner. The per unit amount of available cash to be distributed each quarter, if any, will be distributed within 60 days following the end of such quarter.
The following table summarizes the Partnership’s cash distribution activity for the years ended December 31, 2016, 2015 and 2014:
The entire disclosure for noncontrolling interest in consolidated subsidiaries, which could include the name of the subsidiary, the ownership percentage held by the parent, the ownership percentage held by the noncontrolling owners, the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the location of this amount on the balance sheet (when not reported separately), an explanation of the increase or decrease in the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the noncontrolling interest share of the net Income or Loss of the subsidiary, the location of this amount on the income statement (when not reported separately), the nature of the noncontrolling interest such as background information and terms, the amount of the noncontrolling interest represented by preferred stock, a description of the preferred stock, and the dividend requirements of the preferred stock.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/presentationRef